The proper care and use of your candle is important for safety and to get the best performance out of your soy candles. Below are some safety and use tips.
- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, trim your wick to 1/4” long, light, and allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Depending on the container size, this should take around 3 hours. Failure to do this will limit the life of your new soy candle.
- Trim your wick to 1/4” every time you light your candle and at 3 hour intervals. This will ensure a long lasting candle, maximize scent release, minimize sooting and remove any mushrooming on the end of the wick.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. This will stop the wick from smoking and help with re-lighting.
- Never leave you candle burning unattended or near combustible materials.
- Burn in no longer than 4 hour intervals. Discard candle when 1/4” of wax is left in the container. Jar can be reused by removing excess wax.