Proper care and use of your candle is important for safety and to get the best performance out of your soy candle. Check our blog for safety and use tips.
The proper care and use of your candle is important for safety and to get the best performance out of your soy candles. Below are some safety and use tips.
- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, trim your wick to 1/4” long, light, and allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Depending on the container size, this should take around 3 hours. Failure to do this will limit the life of your new soy candle.
- Trim your wick to 1/4” every time you light your candle and at 3 hour intervals. This will ensure a long lasting candle, maximize scent release, minimize sooting and remove any mushrooming on the end of the wick.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. This will stop the wick from smoking and help with re-lighting.
- Never leave you candle burning unattended or near combustible materials.
- Burn in no longer than 4 hour intervals. Discard candle when 1/4” of wax is left in the container. Jar can be reused by removing excess wax.